Changes for the Tropicalweather.net 2011 hurricane season...

Public forum to discuss hurricanes and tropical storms. Ask your travel and cruise questions here.

Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

Forum rules
Florida Beach Gal
Antispam: no

Changes for the Tropicalweather.net 2011 hurricane season...

Postby Florida Beach Gal » Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

I belive that there will be some changes on the hurricane board for this upcoming season. Rich will pass along the details when they are finalized.

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin
Antispam: no

Re: Changes for the Tropicalweather.net 2011 hurricane seaso

Postby Caribbean Traveler » Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 pm

I will be looking at making some changes for the upcoming hurricane season. I plan to keep the tropical weather outlooks for the Atlantic and Pacific the same. For individual hurricane forecasts I will likely make that some type of subscription board and likely only cover Pacific tropical cyclones that are a threat to land.

There are a number of reasons for the changes. Many people Including other meteorologists from other media outlets have been using the forecasts here for free. I am no longer able to put these forecasts online for free. There are many other subscription services that cost a considerable amount. I plan to offer the forecasts at a reason rate.

Second, I am in school pursing my masters degree and also hope to be working part or full time by this summer at the latest. I will need to cut back my forecasts unless I can find some type of partnership for my site. I believe that the hurricane forecasts here are of high value and I hope that full coverage will be able to continue for this season.

Feel free to share any comments or concerns.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

Return to “Eye of the Storm”