Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

Forum rules
spike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Antispam: no

Heather Tesch is the latest victim at TWC

Postby spike » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Heather announced that Sunday, October 28 is her last day due to "programming changes". Jeff Morrow also got the boot.
14 years of professional loyalty gone thanks to the Obama Broadcasting Network. More special feature programming instead of a need of OCM's. Look out Kim Cunningham, Viv Brown and Kelly Cass... you're the only ones left with any time over five years now.

Cantore is safe I'm sure and the rest of his liberal sidekicks.

Disgusting what they have turned a once proud institution into: just another mouthpiece. Blech. :stormy:

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Heather Tesch is the latest victim at TWC

Postby Caribbean Traveler » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

Spike, Adam was let go too. It appears that you are correct in saying that there may be more layoffs. Many of the former OCM's are still looking for work including me. The TV stations just don't want to pay for experience and believe that they would not be able to pay the salary.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

spike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby spike » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm

That's a darn shame, too. Rich. I feel bad for all of you- including Adam. I'm sorry that well educated professionals are being discriminated for their experience. Luckily, after 3 1/2 years of searching, I landed a new role last March in a different field making 40% below my expected salary/education level. At least it is work. I'll have to work an estimated 7 more years beyond my retirement target to make up that difference, putting me at around 70 years old, if I am not let go before then. That's 20 more years of work- after I have already put in 20+ years.

joyceajm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Postby joyceajm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm

I hate to hear about the job situation Spike. So many people are in that situation now..... the "new normal".

You're so right about TWC Spike. I would be nice to turn the clock back and start over 5 years ago since we know that this NBC "experiment" has failed.

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caribbean Traveler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

spike wrote:That's a darn shame, too. Rich. I feel bad for all of you- including Adam. I'm sorry that well educated professionals are being discriminated for their experience. Luckily, after 3 1/2 years of searching, I landed a new role last March in a different field making 40% below my expected salary/education level. At least it is work. I'll have to work an estimated 7 more years beyond my retirement target to make up that difference, putting me at around 70 years old, if I am not let go before then. That's 20 more years of work- after I have already put in 20+ years.

Hi Spike, I will be working a lot longer than expected too. I have been dealing with health issues for over three years which has kept me from getting back into the TV business. I am ready to go now, but the jobs are tough to find! As for Adam, I saw on his Linkedin page a CNN logo. I don't know if he's over there or not. Someone else told me that he's helping out which a TV station in Florida. I wish you well Spike!
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

Return to “Weather Channel”