PirateRay
Trade Winds
Trade Winds
Antispam: no

Alexandra Steele ... what is the story? 4 Jan 2011

Postby PirateRay » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:00 pm

4 Jan 2011

Hello Rick-
I am VERY new to this. I joined just now because my wife asked me to find out why she can't find Alexandra Steele on the WC news. I found on line one of your posts. Please advise me as to where a news story is available to fill me in on the background of "A S let go". We BOTH liked Ms Steele before and during her stinty at TYHC.
Pirate Ray
rayknt@yahoo.com

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alexandra Steele ... what is the story? 4 Jan 2011

Postby Caribbean Traveler » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 am

PirateRay wrote:4 Jan 2011

Hello Rick-
I am VERY new to this. I joined just now because my wife asked me to find out why she can't find Alexandra Steele on the WC news. I found on line one of your posts. Please advise me as to where a news story is available to fill me in on the background of "A S let go". We BOTH liked Ms Steele before and during her stinty at TYHC.
Pirate Ray
rayknt@yahoo.com

Hi PirateRay. Thanks for joining. Are you an ECU fan? The news story about Alexandra Steele is not available. The Weather Channel as with me, is very hush, hush when they "get rid" of people. Without getting too personal, I was told that she wanted to work part time and that was not agreeable with The Weather Channel.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

spike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby spike » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Tropical Hurricane wrote:
PirateRay wrote:4 Jan 2011

Hello Rick-
Pirate Ray
rayknt@yahoo.com

Hi PirateRay. Thanks for joining. Are you an ECU fan? The news story about Alexandra Steele is not available. The Weather Channel as with me, is very hush, hush when they "get rid" of people. Without getting too personal, I was told that she wanted to work part time and that was not agreeable with The Weather Channel.

Ah, she starts a family and gets axed. What a crock. This is nothing new. I live in the Detroit area and a local news person just left our ABC affiliate after she was told she couldn't stay on part time. She has three small children.

Makes me wonder how this is going to affect other TWC on-air personalities like Viv Brown, Heather Tesch and Kelly Cass to name a few who also have families AND tenure at TWC. I liked Ms. Steele, could be very playful on air, but I guess the corporate shirts have most of the leverage now.

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caribbean Traveler » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Spike,

they were simply getting rid of all of us "old" people. NBC is basically hiring mostly younger people who they can pay less.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

CaptHank
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Postby CaptHank » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 am

I saw her on CNN, yesterday giving an update on the weather. She looked like she had some work done, since leaving the Weather Channel.

spike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby spike » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Wow Hank. Thought she out of the scene for good. What kind of work are you talking about?

CaptHank
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Postby CaptHank » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Well, her face seemed fuller. She wasn't making those funny movements with her mouth. Plus, someone must have changed her dress code. She looked Professional.

rmandel
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby rmandel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 am

Yea, that sure adds credibility to CNN by hiring alexandra steele. CNN sucks and this won't improve their ratings. When will the news networks hire people who really know weather? Eye candy all of the time. At least the new girl on FOX has a degree in meteorology and seems to know what she's talking about.

nennie0
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby nennie0 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 pm

rmandel wrote:Yea, that sure adds credibility to CNN by hiring alexandra steele. CNN sucks and this won't improve their ratings. When will the news networks hire people who really know weather? Eye candy all of the time. At least the new girl on FOX has a degree in meteorology and seems to know what she's talking about.

well, I can say that hiring won't influence me to watch CNN more.

Return to “Weather Channel”