kevin Robinson is leaving the weather channel

Ask your questions about T.V. weather here. (Non Weather Channel)

Moderator: Carolina Hurricane

kevin Robinson is leaving the weather channel

Postby joyceajm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

It looks like Kevin is headed to Cincinnati. He was solid. Just like the rest of the veterans that have left recently (layed off), the weather channel will be losing another fine weather person.
joyceajm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: kevin Robinson is leaving the weather channel

Postby Martin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 am

At least he left on his own as opposed to some of the other fine folks TWC axed.
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby Skibug » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Martin wrote:At least he left on his own as opposed to some of the other fine folks TWC axed.

That kind of stuff ticks me off. Why have they changed personnel so much over there? :Taz:
SKIBUG87
Skibug
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Postby Martin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 am

skibug87 wrote:
Martin wrote:At least he left on his own as opposed to some of the other fine folks TWC axed.

That kind of stuff ticks me off. Why have they changed personnel so much over there? :Taz:

Ticks me off they let go of all of those fine people (Rich included) then figure out.... oops we need more OCMs. Then hire a bunch of new people. Thanks NBC ;)
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby joyceajm » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm

I see that others agree with me. I really don't watch the weather channel that much anymore because of stuff like this. I'll still look at local on the 8's.
joyceajm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Postby nennie0 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm

I don't know who kevin robinson is. I stopped watching the weather channel a few years ago when they started putting on weather stories stuff. I just want to see the w e a t h e r. It's not that hard is it?
nennie0
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby Martin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

nennie0 wrote:I don't know who kevin robinson is. I stopped watching the weather channel a few years ago when they started putting on weather stories stuff. I just want to see the w e a t h e r. It's not that hard is it?

~gasp~ You don't want 80% news stories and 20% weather on The Weather Channel? :P

Yea all the news sucks. I think the people running TWC need to understand that its not about getting high ratings and keeping viewers watching longer, but to offer a quality service that is reliable and dependable. You used to be able to flip on the channel and get a weeks worth of weather in under 5min. Be lucky to get that in a hr sometimes now
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby Ninjaguy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 am

Martin wrote:
nennie0 wrote:I don't know who kevin robinson is. I stopped watching the weather channel a few years ago when they started putting on weather stories stuff. I just want to see the w e a t h e r. It's not that hard is it?

~gasp~ You don't want 80% news stories and 20% weather on The Weather Channel? :P

Yea all the news sucks. I think the people running TWC need to understand that its not about getting high ratings and keeping viewers watching longer, but to offer a quality service that is reliable and dependable. You used to be able to flip on the channel and get a weeks worth of weather in under 5min. Be lucky to get that in a hr sometimes now

could you be a bit aggravated about this too? :twisted:
The Ninja Sword
Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby Martin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm

ninjaguy89 wrote:
Martin wrote:

could you be a bit aggravated about this too? :twisted:

Especially since this guy is gone :Taz:
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Postby Tropical Hurricane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm

I remember wearing suits to work! Hopefully sometime soon again. :praying:
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fish_storm
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert
Tropical Hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Martin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Tropical Admin wrote:I remember wearing suits to work! Hopefully sometime soon again. :praying:

Come up to VA Rich! :P We have an opening here at one of our stations for an OCM. haha I am keeping my fingers crossed you find something close to home ;)
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Return to T.V. Weather