Oil spill... cleaned before hurricane season?

Public forum to discuss hurricanes and tropical storms. Ask your travel and cruise questions here.

Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

joyceajm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Antispam: no

Re: Oil spill... cleaned before hurricane season?

Post by joyceajm » Wed May 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Is this spill ever going to be stopped? It is now impacting a lot of wildlife. They said on the news that it is in the loop current and may make its way around the Keys. :twisted:

Florida Beach Gal

Post by Florida Beach Gal » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Is there a way to volunteer to help clean this mess up?

Kitty
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Kitty » Wed May 26, 2010 9:11 am

I don't know about volunteering. They are spraying all of that toxic junk on it. I've read reports that the fisherman helping out have been getting very sick!
Meow

Samurai Jack
Trade Winds
Trade Winds

Post by Samurai Jack » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 pm

The oil spill may not be fixed until August. That is not good news. Hopefully no hurricanes get there before it's cleaned up.

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Caribbean Traveler » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:01 am

It's making me sick seeing all of the wildlife that is being killed. I sure hope that it doesn't take until august to get a new well drilled. This is getting to be a huge mess and environmental disaster. I feel for all of those people who make thier living on the Gulf coast there.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Caribbean Traveler » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 am

The new cap is apparently capturing about 1/4 to 1/2 of the oil flow. I'm amazed that no one in the oil industry thought of a solution to this problem before deep water drilling?
Rich Johnson

Mr. B
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Mr. B » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm

I just saw an article on CNN that Obama said he was looking for who's a** to kick. This is just embarassing for the president to say something like this.

Florida Beach Gal

Post by Florida Beach Gal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Mr. B wrote:I just saw an article on CNN that Obama said he was looking for who's a** to kick. This is just embarassing for the president to say something like this.

Now that's a pretty sad comment. Apparently there has been some progress made and by next week more of the oil flow stopped.

Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Ninjaguy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:00 pm

I haven't seen any progress. They're all full of ****.
The Ninja Sword

Florida Beach Gal

Post by Florida Beach Gal » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:18 am

Mr. Ninja - we are all mad about the oilspill! I'm glad that we have our profanity blocker turner on!

Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Martin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Ive been watching the Congressional hearing with BP CEO Hayward. My god I have never in my life seen such complete and utter BS from politicians. Seriously its a complete joke! Stupak is the chair of this particular one. I listened to him not understand the concept of a failsafe mechanism. Its so sad that these are the people running our government. I think Mr. Haywards time should be better spent working with BP to fix this problem rather than listening to the dribble and hot air out of Washington politicians. It enrages me so much.

And if I may say.... interviewing and having the families of the folks who died on the rig answer questions like "what will you tell your children" seems quite biased to me. Of course they aren't going to be thrilled since they lost a family member. I don't know why their words are used in these hearings.

I love the questions about..."Why aren't you listening to individual ideas from the public like throwing hay on the oil?" I am not expert here but.... Highly trained professionals with expertise in this area > Uncle Joe the farmer

I continue to applaud BPs tremendous efforts to help stop this incident and work with the people and wildlife affected. I wish our government would keep their snotty, arrogant faces out of it!

Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Caribbean Traveler » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Martin wrote:Ive been watching the Congressional hearing with BP CEO Hayward. My god I have never in my life seen such complete and utter BS from politicians. Seriously its a complete joke! Stupak is the chair of this particular one. I listened to him not understand the concept of a failsafe mechanism. Its so sad that these are the people running our government. I think Mr. Haywards time should be better spent working with BP to fix this problem rather than listening to the dribble and hot air out of Washington politicians. It enrages me so much.

And if I may say.... interviewing and having the families of the folks who died on the rig answer questions like "what will you tell your children" seems quite biased to me. Of course they aren't going to be thrilled since they lost a family member. I don't know why their words are used in these hearings.

I love the questions about..."Why aren't you listening to individual ideas from the public like throwing hay on the oil?" I am not expert here but.... Highly trained professionals with expertise in this area > Uncle Joe the farmer

I continue to applaud BPs tremendous efforts to help stop this incident and work with the people and wildlife affected. I wish our government would keep their snotty, arrogant faces out of it!

I was wondering the same thing about the hay Martin. This current government seems to like crises....meanwhile the Gulf is getting destroyed! Try the hay - just do it!
Rich Johnson

Mr. B
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Mr. B » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Sadly, another setback today. The oil WILL be around for hurricane season.

Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Ninjaguy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Mr. B wrote:Sadly, another setback today. The oil WILL be around for hurricane season.

Forget that, the oil may now be here for a hurricane :Taz:
The Ninja Sword

Return to “Eye of the Storm”