TWC friends

Discussions about The Weather Channel

Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

Post Reply
User avatar
Skibug
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 am
Antispam: no
Location: Long Island
Contact:

TWC friends

Post by Skibug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm

It's nice to see some new weather friends join. I usually don't post that much. I just like to check in from time to time watching the hurricane forecast stuff. Cheers! :cheers:
SKIBUG87

User avatar
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 pm
Antispam: no
Location: Norfolk, Va
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Martin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 am

We are happy to find Rich and his weather forums. Im on the coast where the tropics are something to keep an eye on so this is a valuable resource! Plus nice to get some expert information without all the hype ;)

User avatar
Skibug
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 am
Antispam: no
Location: Long Island
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Skibug » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Philadelphia doesn't really get hurricane weather. I just find it interesting to follow.
SKIBUG87

User avatar
Anistorm
Trade Winds
Trade Winds
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:28 pm
Antispam: no
Location: El Centro, CA
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Anistorm » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 pm

I live on the west coast and I get a little moisture from the E-Pac storms. I never been in a hurricane, ever. I had an uncle who went through Charley in 2004...he said it was pretty scary.

User avatar
Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3338
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:28 pm
Antispam: no
Location: Under a palm tree
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Caribbean Traveler » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Anistorm wrote:I live on the west coast and I get a little moisture from the E-Pac storms. I never been in a hurricane, ever. I had an uncle who went through Charley in 2004...he said it was pretty scary.
Hi Anistorm. I just got back from southern California. I visited LA and San Diego. The weather was perfect. Obviously no tropical weather in sight!
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

User avatar
Zach
Trade Winds
Trade Winds
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Antispam: no
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Zach » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:35 pm

I've had experience with hurricanes before, but just minor ones, Jeanne and Francis of 2004. They went through the Tampa Bay area coming in from the east as Category 2 storms (maybe Cat. 1, I just forget ;-)).

I also do remember that Charley of 2004 was supposed to slam into the mouth of Tampa Bay on August 13, 2004, which to me, was a superstitious Friday indeed. Then I was relieved after it made that right hand turn and was headed for an area south of Tampa.


-Zach Land

User avatar
Caribbean Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3338
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:28 pm
Antispam: no
Location: Under a palm tree
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Caribbean Traveler » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 am

Zach wrote:I've had experience with hurricanes before, but just minor ones, Jeanne and Francis of 2004. They went through the Tampa Bay area coming in from the east as Category 2 storms (maybe Cat. 1, I just forget ;-)).

I also do remember that Charley of 2004 was supposed to slam into the mouth of Tampa Bay on August 13, 2004, which to me, was a superstitious Friday indeed. Then I was relieved after it made that right hand turn and was headed for an area south of Tampa.


-Zach Land
Hi Zach. I remember Charley well. When I was at The Weather Channel, we were predicting a more south landfall. With the orientation of the coastline, a 20-30 mile shift could have brought it north to Tampa.
Rich Johnson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/richjohnsonwx
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - Hurricane Expert

Mike-LINY
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am
Antispam: no
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Mike-LINY » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Thank God. Finally a Pro at work! I'm so tired of these sites with wanna be METS trying to call a track..

User avatar
Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 pm
Antispam: no
Location: Norfolk, Va
Contact:

Re: TWC friends

Post by Martin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:15 am

Mike-LINY wrote:Thank God. Finally a Pro at work! I'm so tired of these sites with wanna be METS trying to call a track..
I know some of those that you mean. Rich is a fantastic meteorologist! He knows his stuff!! 8-)

Post Reply

Return to “Weather Channel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest