Thursday severe weather!

Weather discussions including cold fronts, dust devils, tornadoes, nor'easters, or anything non-tropical can be discussed here.

Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Antispam: no

Thursday severe weather!

Post by CoralReef62 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:37 pm

The weather here in Virginia, this past Thursday was severe. My husband was working out on the truck, I went out to tell him to come in, because I heard thunder. No sooner had I got outside, their was boom sound. It nearly scared the stuffings out me. My husband wheeled himself out from under the truck, packed his tool and came inside. I helped also to speed things up. Then the sky fell in, warnings were flashing across the t.v. screen. I heard Norfolk in some areas had cars submerged in water. I'm gald the area I live in is not a flood zone or I would be facing the same nightmare as these people do. Did anyone come out of it okay, without any major damage? :fish:
* Note anything I post here is just my opinion and not a forecast. I love talking about the weather and meeting people who share the same interests.

Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Thursday severe weather!

Post by Ninjaguy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:17 pm

You said that you needed rain right?
The Ninja Sword

Kit Kat
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Kit Kat » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm glad to hear that you didn't get flooded out!

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:40 pm

ninjaguy89 wrote:You said that you needed rain right?

We definetly needed the rain thats for sure. I just feel sorry for those people who got flooded out. It must be a nightmare trying to get the damages assessed!
* Note anything I post here is just my opinion and not a forecast. I love talking about the weather and meeting people who share the same interests.

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Kit Kat wrote:I'm glad to hear that you didn't get flooded out!

Me too Kit Kat, or I would've been facing the same nightmare these people are. Plus if you live in a flood zone, insurance is much higher than if you didn't live in one. I don't know how people can build near the oceanfront, knowing a storm can come and wipe it all away. That alone is a nightmare. :fish:

Wild Banshe
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by Wild Banshe » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

It seems like storms know exactly where my house is and go around it every time! I need a good storm.

Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Ninjaguy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

This summer has been hit and miss with storms. I can always go for a good lightning storm!
The Ninja Sword

Return to “General Weather Discussions”