Getting hot and dry again in the Southeast

Weather discussions including cold fronts, dust devils, tornadoes, nor'easters, or anything non-tropical can be discussed here.

Moderator: Florida Beach Gal

Kit Kat
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Antispam: no

Getting hot and dry again in the Southeast

Post by Kit Kat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 pm

It seems like the rain has disappeared in the south again. Those afternoon storms are no longer visiting my house. I hope another drought is not in the making!

Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Getting hot and dry again in the Southeast

Post by Martin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Mild to moderate drought here in eastern portions of VA. We need some good rain.

Todays high: 100
Saturday: 102
Sunday: 100

Humidity is 70% and dewpoint is 79F. We certainly have a heat wave going on! Indexes around 112F

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Martin wrote:Mild to moderate drought here in eastern portions of VA. We need some good rain.

Todays high: 100
Saturday: 102
Sunday: 100

Humidity is 70% and dewpoint is 79F. We certainly have a heat wave going on! Indexes around 112F

I'm glad to be in an air-conditioned house right now. I feel so sorry for the homleless,animals, people who have no air-conditioner or simply got it shut off and those people who have to work out in this hot heat. I was cleaning out a box truck that I got my husband and thought I would pass out due to the heat. I can imagine a swimming pool feels like a sauna right now. :Taz:
* Note anything I post here is just my opinion and not a forecast. I love talking about the weather and meeting people who share the same interests.

rmandel
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by rmandel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 pm

It has been near 100 for several days. the forecast calls for at least mid 90's for several more days. This is the hottest time of year though - right?

Martin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Martin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Norfolk had two days in a row with a high temperature of 105F. Both days beat their daily and monthly temp records. In addition 105F tied the all time record high ever reported here. That record dates back to 1918. Records have been kept in Norfolk since 1874. Quite impressive!

Florida Beach Gal

Post by Florida Beach Gal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 am

Martin wrote:Norfolk had two days in a row with a high temperature of 105F. Both days beat their daily and monthly temp records. In addition 105F tied the all time record high ever reported here. That record dates back to 1918. Records have been kept in Norfolk since 1874. Quite impressive!

:shock:

Ninjaguy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Ninjaguy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Not so bad here in boston! 84 with low humidity! :buggy:
The Ninja Sword

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Looks like the temps may stay well in the 80's & 90's this week. We need rain bad to cool things off a bit. Those high temps last week, were horrible. Bring on winter. :lol:
* Note anything I post here is just my opinion and not a forecast. I love talking about the weather and meeting people who share the same interests.

Kitty
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Post by Kitty » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:33 pm

It's been fairly dry here in Maryland too. At least the temperatures near 100 are gone!
Meow

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm glad to be on the budge plan with the electricity company. Or I would be paying twice the amount. I did get notice that my budget may go up from $90 to ?. I hope its not over $100, because this is a lot to pay. :shock:

joyceajm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by joyceajm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:09 pm

CoralReef62 wrote:I'm glad to be on the budge plan with the electricity company. Or I would be paying twice the amount. I did get notice that my budget may go up from $90 to ?. I hope its not over $100, because this is a lot to pay. :shock:

Wow Coralreef - can we swap cooling bills? I'll take that $100 bill! We tend to keep it cool.

CoralReef62
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Post by CoralReef62 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:22 pm

joyceajm wrote:
CoralReef62 wrote:I'm glad to be on the budge plan with the electricity company. Or I would be paying twice the amount. I did get notice that my budget may go up from $90 to ?. I hope its not over $100, because this is a lot to pay. :shock:

Wow Coralreef - can we swap cooling bills? I'll take that $100 bill! We tend to keep it cool.

I'm hoping its not going to be over $100. Anything under $100 is okay with me. The reason for going on the budget bill is so we don't have to pay so much money a month in electricity. If I wasn't on the budget plan my electricity would be at least $167 or more. And that is a whole lot of money to pay. :fish:

Return to “General Weather Discussions”